Switzerland is a place where whatever you wish can be explored. It has snow mountains, country grasslands, rugged mountains, large lakes, century old castles, most advanced high-tech cities, literally everything you dreamt of. It excellent convenience covering the whole country and lots of world class hotels, it is a must visit place in lifetime.
So, what are the places to visit in Switzerland? Below are my shortlisted 14 must places visit, and if you have anything more interesting, then definitely let me know. Let's start.
1. Schilthorn and Piz Gloria. The Schilthorn is a mountain in the Swiss Alps. The Piz Gloria is a revolving restaurant on the top of this mountain that was the location for the James Bond film "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." To reach this destination, 2970m above sea level, one must travel by a combination of train, bus and cable car. The cable cars up the mountain give an excellent panoramic view of the valley below. Once you reach the restaurant, you can dine for breakfast or lunch as you revolve around and get a 360 degree spectacular view.
You can walk outside and out onto the edge of the top of the mountain (which is actually pretty scary, but well worth it.) From the top of this mountain, you can see the Jungfrau, Monch and Eiger mountains, part of the Unesco World Heritage, as well as Interlaken and Lakes Brienz and Thunzersee
2. Jungfraujoch. This is an adjacent Swiss mountain peak to the Schilthorn. You start off on the same train, whether going to Schilthorn or Jungfraujoch. Once you reach a certain point, you get on the Jungfrau railway. At the top of Jungfrau, you are at the highest point in Switzerland, 3454m. Once at the top, you can visit the observatory deck, where you can stand outside or inside glass walls and engage in the wonderful scenery.
On a clear day, you can see down to Interlaken below. This mountain also hosts an indoor ice palace, where everything is made of ice, including the walkways and walls. Different ice sculptures abound and you can take your picture with them. A tourist area hosts some restaurants and a gift shop as well. It is worth every minute and you will never forget the experience!
3. Matterhorn - The Matterhorn at 4,478 m or "Z'horu" as we call it in our local valesan Swiss-German dialect, is the most famous peak in Switzerland and the Alps. Zermatt is also a High End ski resort but very busy in the winter as well as in the summer season.
The Matterhorn & the Jungraujoch are the most visited Switzerland Attractions. It is said that the Matterhorn is the most photographed mountain in the world. Well, it most certainly is the best known Attraction in Switzerland.
4. Interlaken. Interlaken is the last stop on the top ten for the Bernese-Oberland region of Switzerland. Interlaken is the land between the two lakes - Thunersee and Brienzersee. Interlaken runs between the lakes, from east to west. In the east, you will find the train station that takes you anywhere in Switzerland, and is the starting place for many excursions to the mountains listed above.
5. Aletsch glacier. This is the longest and most breathtaking glacier in the Alps at 23 km long. It is the easiest to access, and is the sight of the first UNESCO World Heritage sight.
6. Chateau de Chillon - The Chateau de Chillon Castle was built in the 11th century on the shore of Lake Geneva. This castle is situated just 3 km east of Montreux and is one of the best preserved medieval castles in Europe. The Chateau de Chillon is one of the most enchanting places in Switzerland you will ever see.
7. Mount Rigi - One of the great Switzerland Attractions is located near the beautiful city of Lucerne. Mount Rigi, in the heart of Switzerland is a popular excursion and vacation paradise.
8. Mount Pilatus - The rugged mountain rigde is after Mount Rigi the most famous lookout point in Central Switzerland. If you spend some time in the beautiful city of Lucerne, you should plan to take the Golden Roundtrip to Mount Pilatus.
9. Rhine Falls - In Neuhausen on the border to Germany, visitors see the Rhine River with its glorious spectacle of the largest waterfall in Europe. An average of 700 m3 of water rushes over the cliffs each second.
10. Lake Geneva Switzerland - Lake Geneva Switzerland is located on the south-western part of Switzerland. The lake is embedded between the Savoy- and Vaud Alps as well as the Swiss Jura and has the form of a 72 km long and up to 14 km wide arc.
Lake Geneva Switzerland is the largest body of fresh water in Europe and fed by the Rhone River. The lake stretches from the city of Geneva in the West to the town of Villeneuve in the East.
11. Lake Lucerne - Lake Lucerne is somewhat reminiscent of a fjord landscape, yet it has a mild lake climate. Many people visiting Switzerland, travel to the city of Lucerne and than to the lake region.
There are boat cruises on board five historic paddle wheel steamers and 15 elegant salon motor vessels. And there are more pretty areas to discover, like Mount Rigi, Mount Pilatus, the Stanserhorn, the Bürkenstock or even the Luzern Golf club. The region of Lake Lucerne represents many popular Switzerland Attractions that you should visit.
12. Lake Lugano - Lake Lugano is surrounded by beautiful green hills and mountains. The region experiences a climate close to that of the Mediterranean area. The beautiful mountains, surrounding villages and towns together make Lake Lugano the perfect holiday destination.
13. Lake Thun - Lake Thun is one of the prettiest and largest lakes of Switzerland. Around the lake, you will discover some really romantic and beautiful towns like Interlaken, Oberhofen, Faulensee, Hilterfingen, Gunten, Spiez, Merligen and of course Thun.
You can also explore some outstanding places like the Beatus Caves, Niesen or the Stockhorn with fantastic views over Lake Thun and the Swiss Alps while enjoying local food. Lake Thun and Lake Brienz just to the East and the Jungfrau Region is regarded as one of the best Switzerland Attractions.
14. Zurich - Last but not the least, you can't forget about the 2000 year old town rich in history. This is the city area of Switzerland, with trendy cafes, international boutiques, and the hustle and bustle of modern life.
The buildings retain their historical impression, despite the advances in technology that await indoors. There are many cool shops and restaurants on the Bahnhoffstrasse (main road). At night, bars and lounges open and buzz, as well as operas and open-air concerts. You can still hike nearby, see wildlife, and swim in the rivers in lakes like many other places in Switzerland. One cool event is to take a boat trip by steamer on Lake Zurich.
free job alert 2020
free job alert
free job alert com
free job alert
free job alert 2020
Par mesure de précaution, ou si vos enfants soupçonnent ou savent qu'ils ont été exposés ou ont des punaises de lit dans leur dortoir ou leur appartement, procédez comme suit:ReplyDelete
شركة مكافحة حشرات
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
There are so many unreliable sports betting sites these days. And most of them, unfortunately, offer dishonest odds or conditions for replenishing the balance. So how do you pick a good betting resource? I can recommend you this one official source, in which you will find honesty as well as the best odds for your favorite team.ReplyDelete
First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics, i will be always checking your blog thanks. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
Glad to chat your blog, I seem to be forward to more reliable articles and I think we all wish to thank so many good articles, blog to share with us. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. เว็บแทงบอลReplyDelete
I am genuinely happy that I chose them for my desired work best design agencies in the worldReplyDelete
I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. เว็บแทงบอลReplyDelete
Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. เว็บแทงบอลReplyDelete
Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. เว็บแทงบอล แนะนําReplyDelete
I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. เว็บแทงบอลReplyDelete
It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area. You have opened my eyes to varying views on this topic with interesting and solid content. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. เว็บแทงบอลReplyDelete
Going to graduate school was a positive decision for me. I enjoyed the coursework, the presentations, the fellow students, and the professors. And since my company reimbursed 100% of the tuition, the only cost that I had to pay on my own was for books and supplies. Otherwise, I received a free master’s degree. All that I had to invest was my time. เว็บแทงบอลReplyDelete
Good to become visiting your weblog again, it has been months for me. Nicely this article that i've been waited for so long. I will need this post to total my assignment in the college, and it has exact same topic together with your write-up. Thanks, good share. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
Three are usually cheap Ralph Lauren available for sale each and every time you wish to buy. เว็บแทงบอล แนะนําReplyDelete
A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
It's late finding this act. At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist. I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! เว็บแทงบอล แนะนําReplyDelete
You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog. เว็บแทงบอลReplyDelete
I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. เว็บแทงบอล แนะนําReplyDelete
I will really appreciate the writer's choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! เว็บแทงบอล แนะนําReplyDelete
I have express a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon… เว็บแทงบอลReplyDelete
The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. เว็บแทงบอล แนะนําReplyDelete
You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุดReplyDelete
A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. เว็บแทงบอลReplyDelete
I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. Tunnel & Batch PasteurizersReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
What a fabulous job you did here for the travel lovers! This was surely an awesome read and experience. All the places you detailed including Schilthorn and Piz Gloria, Jungfraujoch, Matterhorn, Interlaken, Aletsch glacier, Chateau de Chillon, Mount Rigi, Mount Pilatus, Rhine Falls, Lake Geneva Switzerland, Lake Lucerne, Lake Lugano, Lake Thun, Zurich so so beautiful. They are really blessed with stunning beauties. The photos were also attention snatching. No travel addict can ignore the natural exploration of this country. I appreciate your great work and would like to say my warm thanks for sharing with us. Indeed Switzerland an alpine country can be considered the best travel place in the world.ReplyDelete
I would like your blog and your content with perfect images it's perfectReplyDelete
Excellent blog I have never ever read this type of fantastic information keep it up
Birthday Party Yacht Dubai