Egeskov Castle is considered as Europe's best preserved Renainssance Water Castle. It is located in the south of the Funen Island, Denmark. The Egeskov Castle structure was erected by Frands Brockenhuus in 1554. Due to the troubles caused by the civil war known as the Count's Feud, general civil unrest, and a civil war introducing the Protestant Reformation, most Danish noblemen built their homes as fortifications.
The castle is constructed on oaken piles and located in a small lake with a maximum depth of 5 metres (16 ft). Originally, the only access was by means of a drawbridge. According to legend, it took an entire forest of oak trees to build the foundation, hence the name Egeskov (“oak forest”).
Now this Castle has become one of the Country prominent Historical symbol and many tourist from across the world visit this place.
Egeskov is now home to the Museums. There is a vintage automobile collection, a vintage motorcycle collection, a collection describing the history of agriculture, a collection of flying vehicles, a collection of Falck and other emergency vehicles. Nowadays, most of the castle is open to the public, except for the areas used by Count Michael and Countess Caroline Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille. The museum of agriculture and the horse wagon collection is located in the building Ladegård mentioned previously.
Three large modern buildings are occupied by the vintage automobile collection, the vintage motorcycle collection, the Falck collection, and by a collection of airplanes and helicopters. The Falck collection is a collection of vehicles from the Danish rescue company, Falck, emergency vehicles such as fire trucks, ambulances, rescue boats, and other assorted emergency vehicles.